If you’re trying to build Gnome 2.10 from source you might be interested in the following bug, expecially if you are unfortunate like me and stuck with GCC 2.96.
It took me a couple days to finally track down why libxklavier-2.0 wasn’t compiling for me. I managed to catch the first files’ errors but couldn’t figure out the last ones until I found the bug. Looking back, now I see it’s just a matter of somewhat sloppy coding style (declaring variables after executable code).
I ran into this while using the very cool Garnome tool which allows you to build Gnome in user space. Just what I need for my Linux box at work.