My First Nigerian Scam!

WOO-HOO! I just got my first Nigerian Scam email! Fabulous! I’ve been waiting to get one of these for ages!

In case you’re wondering what this is all about, check out the following links:

http://home.rica.net/alphae/419coal/
http://www.snopes2.com/inboxer/scams/nigeria.htm
http://www.quatloos.com/scams/nigerian.htm

ABACHA’S FAMILY ESTATE
(ESTATE DEVELOPERS & CONSULTANTS)

Dear Sir,

It is with heartfelt hope that I write to seek your co-operation and assistance in the context stated below: May I first introduce my self as Dr. Mrs. Maryam Abacha, the wife of Late General Sani Abacha (former military head of state and president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria) who died suddenly on 8th June 1998. I came in contact with your particulars through a International Chambers of Commerce and Idustry in which I found your particulars. Having noted the confidence reposed on your person by the sponsor of the recommendation, I became convinced of your capability and goodwill to assist me in receiving the sum of US$15Million secretly willed in my favour by the late general (my husband).

This money is kept in a trust account with a Well Trust Company here in Nigeria. As it is equally required, the administration of my late husband’s property is under the authority of his cousin (lawal sanni) however, the current civilian administration of retired General Olusegun Obasanjo (the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria) is seeking vengeance on the Abacha family because of the life prison jail sentence confirmed on him by my late husband. In pursuit of this vendetta, the present government have resolved to freeze all known assets of General Sani Abacha, including properties at home and abroad and are presently embarking on to seize the various bank accounts of my husband. In fact, the attack on our family (The Abacha’s) is so devastated to an extent of seizing our travelling passport, family accounts and even trying some members of our family in court for offences allegedly committed by my late husband.

In view of this grivious threat to our Economic and personal survival, our family trustee have secretly protected the will, but seriously advised me to move $15 Million US Dollars into an overseas account, hence the reason why I have chosen you and hope that you will come to my full assistance and unlimited co-operation. In the meantime, there is a travelling embargo on us (the whole family members) and our local accounts are seized. We are currently living on goodwill of people who believe we cannot be held responsible for the sins of my late husband. In view of this plight, I expect you to be trustworthy and kind enough to respond to this distressed call to save me and my children from a hopeless future. And we have agree to compensate you sincerely and candid effort in this regard with 25% of the total amount of $15 Million US Dollars. In that case, when the money ($15 Million) is moved into your discrete account, you will be allowed to dr!
aw 25% in your favour, while the remaining 75% will be invested meaningfully for my children’s future. My cousin (Lawal Sanni) has perfected arrangements with the Trust Company concerned and has assured 100% risk free and safe operation.

And in due course, all contacts must be made through Lawal Sanni, through this E-mail address : [email protected] or through Phone number:234 803 3078509

I look forward to your quick response while thanking you for your co-operation. In view of all above details, I request you to keep this letter and operation highly confidential.

Best wishes,

Lawal Sanni FOR DR. MRS. M. ABACHA.

Leave a Reply